Pay the easy way
Pay the fast,
Use your smartphone to pay conveniently at check-out counters or in online shops – with the TWINT app.
Send and receive money.
It’s practical. With TWINT, you can send, receive and request money by smartphone at the press of a button.
As secure as
The app can only be accessed with a PIN code or Touch ID. Your money is not stored directly on your phone, and all transactions are conducted in a secure environment.
Get started now!
Activate your card for TWINT in a few easy steps.
TWINT is Switzerland’s digital wallet. Whether you are shopping, paying for a meal in a restaurant, wanting to make a purchase from a vending machine or browsing an online shop, with TWINT you can pay conveniently and securely using your smartphone and at the same time take advantage of attractive benefits and discounts. TWINT also allows you to send money directly to the smartphones of your friends and family. A further practical function of TWINT: You can store customer loyalty cards and membership cards digitally in the app.
A smartphone is needed to activate the TWINT app.
TWINT can be used with all cards issued by Viseca. Do you not yet have a Viseca card?
Find out more here.
If you use your bank’s TWINT app, you can simply link TWINT to your bank account or save your credit card in TWINT. When you make payments with TWINT, the purchase amount will be debited directly to your bank account or credit card.
You can pay conveniently with TWINT at check-out counters and vending machines as well as online and in app shops. Acceptance points display the TWINT logo.
You require a smartphone with the iOS (iPhone 5 or iOS 10 version, or higher) or Android (version 5 or higher) operating system and Bluetooth function (version 4.0 or higher).
Yes, this is possible. You can install and use more than one TWINT app on the same smartphone.
Yes, if you are registered for the surprize rewards programme.
Find out more here.
Paying at check-out counters is easy and convenient:
- Cash register with TWINT Beacon: Ensure that the Bluetooth function and location services (the latter only for Android 6 or higher) have been activated. Good to know: on Android smartphones, TWINT automatically activates and deactivates Bluetooth. Open the TWINT app with fingerprint recognition or your PIN code and select "Pay now". Briefly hold your smartphone up to the TWINT Beacon.
- Cash register without TWINT Beacon: Open the TWINT app and select the QR code symbol. Point your smartphone camera at the QR code that is displayed to you.
- Once the transaction goes through, a payment confirmation will be displayed in the app.
TWINT can be used with all cards issued by Viseca for the following banks:
- Zürcher Kantonalbank
- Banque Cantonale Vaudoise
To use your bank’s TWINT app, you are required to register. This applies even if you have been using the TWINT prepaid app up until now. It is not possible to log into a new TWINT app using your existing access data. Please register again so that you can use your bank’s TWINT app.
In some apps and online shops, you can save TWINT as your prefered payment method during the payment process, which makes paying even quicker. In future, you will then automatically pay with TWINT in theonline shop or app in question – for example Migros. You can remove this authorisation at any time in your TWINT app’s settings.
You can download the TWINT apps free of charge from app stores.
How it works:
- In the online shop, select “TWINT” as the payment method. You will be shown a QR code and a five-digit payment code.
- Open the app with fingerprint recognition or your PIN code and select the QR code symbol in the bottom right corner. Either point your smartphone camera at the QR code or enter the payment code.
- Confirm the amount by selecting “OK”.
Yes, it is possible to make offline payments at cash registers with a TWINT Beacon.
Unfortunately, we cannot answer your question.
Answers to other questions about TWINT may be found here